Modules for VUE 2016 - KronosFX
Advanced control for your animations
KronosFX gives you full animation power. High-resolution animation renders, fine-tuned object keyframing, rotoscoping, etc. KronosFX is packed full of essential features for the serious animator.
The KronosFX module is an optional module for VUE Pioneer, VUE Esprit 2016 and VUE Studio 2016. It is part of VUE Complete 2016.
The Animation Graph Editor
Free-Form Editing of Keyframes and Time Curves
The animation graph editor displays individual high-definition time curves for each animated parameter.
Separate X, Y, Z curves are displayed for all transform values: position, size, twist and pivot (rotation can be animated either in quaternion or Euler XYZ) as well as other parameters such as wind direction.
Freely move any keyframe (or group of keyframes) on both time and value axes.
Each keyframe has its own handle, which can be easily manipulated to control tangents and interpolation.
Pan and zoom in the time curves window in order to display and edit any number of curves simultaneously.
Use the precise numerical inputs to set time, value, velocity and acceleration for any key. Conveniently use one of the preset interpolation types: smooth (constant and weighted), ease in/out, linear and step.
OpenGL Animation Preview
VUE can generate quick previews of your animation, which are displayed in a resizable window at the bottom of the animation editor, and synched to the timeline navigation. This animation can be rendered using OpenGL, giving you an ultra-fast way to generate full-sized animation preview clips.
Animation range and render range can be separated, so that rendering part of the animation does not affect the animation range.
EcoSystem Phase Control
The KronosFX module, together with the EcoSystem module for VUE will allow you to individually control the phase (animation offset) of animated elements inside your EcoSystem populations. Thanks to new advances in the EcoSystem technology, VUE can now automatically add phase variations on top the geometrical and material variations that are present in SolidGrowth-based EcoSystems.
You can fully control this phase on a per instance basis, using the function graph (Also requires AdvancedGraph). This is ideal for creating waves of wind blowing across fields of grass, or violent explosions that blow out surrounding trees.
This new ability to control animated instances on an individual basis is not limited to SolidGrowth plants. You can control any type of animated object, including pre-animated meshes (e.g. to create crowds of people that don't all walk together).
EcoParticles - The VUE Particle System
Add the EcoSystem module to KronosFX, and get access to the full EcoParticles technology!
Instantly populate your scenes with massive forests, cities or crowds of characters
The EcoSystem revolution has redefined the way CG artists create natural scenery. Create and edit your own EcoSystem materials by easily controlling the size, color, orientation, placement, density, etc. of your EcoSystem populations.
The EcoSystem module is an optional module for VUE Pioneer and VUE Esprit 2016. It is part of VUE Studio 2016 and VUE Complete 2016.
VUE get's particles! But it's not standard particles, it's a new concept of particles:
You can do all the standard stuff that particles are good at, but you can also do a lot more. Rather than creating simple emitters, and having particles grow out of them, we designed a new way of handling particles that is specifically well suited for Digital Nature, EcoParticles!
This new technology is ideal for the creation of animated rain, snow, waterfalls, explosions, fire, smoke, tornadoes, falling leaves, swarm of insects and more.
EcoParticles as EcoSystems
Jungle mist with EcoParticles
EcoParticles are added to any material like a regular EcoSystem material layer. But with EcoParticles, you get in depth control over the way the particles will evolve over time. You can define the speed, direction, collision properties and duration of life of the particles, as well as subject them to external influences.
On top of these new physical settings, all of the classic EcoSystem configuration parameters are used for particle instance population.
Effectors are special objects that will influence the EcoParticles in the scene (Also requires EcoPainter). Effects like tornadoes, jittering, attraction, etc. are easily created this way.
In Depth EcoParticle Control
VUE offers a rich collection of function nodes to control your EcoParticle behavior. You can combine many nodes to create one "super" particle system (Also requires AdvancedGraph).
It's possible to make particles create particles (e.g. to create a firework effect, or a rain drop that creates a water splash as soon as it hits the ground), based on the behavior of the root particles.
EcoParticles can fall, collide, bounce and interact with forces and with each other. EcoParticles react to natural phenomena thanks to various physical parameters such as mass, velocity, gravity, collision, wind influence (Also requires Zephyr), elasticity, attachement and more...
Perfect for Stills, Better for Animations
Even though the new EcoParticle technology will produce great effects for your still renders, animation is where they really shine!
You can easily setup how your EcoParticles will evolve over time using parameters such as size variation, growth, opacity variation, velocity, flow and more. Additionally, you can specify how your EcoParticles die, setting up their life duration, or even make them turn into another species of EcoParticle.
Each EcoParticle life parameter can be driven by a function graph to precisely control your effects (Also requires AdvancedGraph).
Automatic Weather Effects - Rain and Snow
These new atmospheric effects enable artists to instantly create anything from gentle spring rain to a tropical storm, a gentle falling snow to a blizzard, with a simple click of the mouse.
The heaviness, shape, drop size, speed and falling angle of the precipitation is user controllable.
Motion blur can be added if desired too.
Weather Effects are available for all types of atmospheres.
|One-click Rain and Snow effect |
|Shared snow material layer
Complete Feature List
- Time dependent noises (including animated 'Open Ocean' water node)
- Rotoscoping (Use animations as texture maps)
- Animation output resolution up to 1920 pixel wide
- OpenGL rendering of image and animations for quick proofing
- Easily change the duration of an entire animation
- Field interlacing, non-square pixels, flicker reduction
- Enhanced time spline editor
- Advanced flicker reduction options
- Indirect lighting evaluation mode that reduces pulsation effects
- Auto-keyframing can be disabled
- Copy-pasting of animation keyframes
- Keyframes can be created for single properties only
- Ability to add property keyframes by double-clicking in the property timeline
- Ability to add property keyframes by double-clicking in the animation curves
- Graph display of animated parameter values in Timeline
- Accurate control over tangents and tension of animated parameters curves
- High precision animation curve control
- Access to individual coordinates in animation graph
- Step, linear and smooth interpolation modes
- Automatic ease-in/ease-out keyframe option
- Animate rotation using quaternions or Euler angles
- Animated 2D import: Sequence of pictures, MOV (Macintosh only), AVI (Windows only)
- Change the size of the animation preview in the Timeline
- Use an image or animation as a backdrop for your renders
- Ability to mark objects as never becoming animated
- Forbid animation option in Material Editor
- Allow clipping of time slider to animation duration
- Option to show materials in the Timeline
- Control animation phase on a per SolidGrowth instance basis through the function graph. (Also requires AdvancedGraph and EcoSystem)
- Individually control the phase (animation offset) of animated elements in your EcoSystem populations. (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Automatic addition of variations of animation phase to SoliGrowth based EcoSystems. (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Control the animation phase of any type of animated object, including pre-animated meshes. (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Control animation phase on pre-animated mesh EcoSystems through the function graph. (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Control animation phase on EcoSystems made of any kind of animated objects. (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Automatic Rain atmospheric effect (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Automatic Snow atmospheric effect (Also requires EcoSystem)
- The heaviness, shape, drop size, speed and falling angle of the precipitation is user controllable (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Rain and snow impacts can control materials for water or snow coverage (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Motion blur can be added on weather effects (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Weather Effects are available for all types of atmospheres (Also requires EcoSystem)
- All standard EcoSystem configuration parameters can be used for particle instance population (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Complete particle system custom tailored for Digital Nature (Also requires EcoSystem)
- EcoParticles can be added to any material (like a regular EcoSystem) (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Speed, direction, collision properties and duration of life of the particles can be easily configured (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Effector objects can be added to influence EcoParticles locally or globally (e.g. to create effects such as tornadoes, jittering, attraction etc.) (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Control physical properties of particles, such as mass, velocity, gravity, collision, wind influence, elasticity, attachment forces and more (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Make particles fall, collide, bounce and interact with external forces (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Automatic collision maps allow the creation of material and particle effects that depend on collision history (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Sub-particles can be emitted over the lifespan of each particle, upon collision or upon death of the particle (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Animation specific EcoParticle parameters such as size variation, growth, opacity variation, velocity, flow and more (Also requires EcoSystem)
- EcoParticles can be influenced by external influences (wind, gravity etc.) (Also requires EcoSystem and Zephyr)
- Rich collection of function nodes to control EcoParticle behaviors. (Also requires AdvancedGraph and EcoSystem)
- EcoParticles can be set to collide with Static EcoSystem instances (Also requires EcoSystem)
- Changing Health and Seasonality on TPF plants automatically creates Keyframes in the animation timeline (Also requires Botanica)
- Adds time display as frame # and time