Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - All-out war on flickering

All-out war on flickering

This is the forum for those who just can’t keep still. Get help and share your knowledge on producing smashing animations with Vue.

I just got Vue 9 in hope I can resolve my pulsing lighting issues in animation. I use mostly HDR for lighting and so far so bad but muck to do before I give up again.
This post: January 29, 2011

by

Orlando Rivera

Hi Guys,

I wonder if any of you old chaps could breath life back into this thread to reflect version 9? :)

Especially using with Max/MR setup ;)

Thanks
Dave.
This post: May 14, 2011

by

David Edwards

That was extremely helpful!

Thank you very much for sharing that information!
This post: September 20, 2011

by

Justin Mitchell

I ve also an problem with flickering by using the usersettings. If I use Broadcast, the quality is OK but the time is one hour and more per frame.

What is "Max/MR"? In the german version I have not found it.

Thats Problem is in Vue Complete 8. Going renderings faster in Vue9?

Greetings
Achim
This post: November 04, 2011

by

Achim Gottschalk

Broadcast adds texture filtering and texture anti aliasing, which is why it takes longer, but without these filters, your animation will flicker.
MR stands for Mental Ray, for Vue xStream inside 3ds Max (or Maya or Softimage).
Vue doesn't render faster in Inf/xStream!
This post: November 18, 2011

by

bruno memain

bruno memain wrote:Broadcast adds texture filtering and texture anti aliasing, which is why it takes longer, but without these filters, your animation will flicker.
MR stands for Mental Ray, for Vue xStream inside 3ds Max (or Maya or Softimage).
Vue doesn't render faster in Inf/xStream!

Hi Bruno,
thanks a lot.
Thats gif´s many Answers of my Questions.

Greetings
Achim
This post: December 23, 2011

by

Achim Gottschalk

VUE 10 - Continuing the war on clean animation renders

VUE has gotten better with their controls for rendering different types of Radiosity, Geometry AA and Texture flickering.
We work mostly on landscape at 1280x720 or HD on a tight schedule. And, unfortunately, tweaking non GR/GI lighting models just doesn't fit for us. Luckily, we do have render resources to push to about 5 to 7hrs a frames.

VUE10 - so far, tweaking every trick we know here:
TAA, Light, Atmosphere Boost, Diff AA/TXT settings (min, max, quality, etc...) - still results in Radiosity Pulsation, and some AA/TXT flickering.

So, I've been running test using Lightwave 10.1 and bringing in the VUE scene using the xStream pluging. Add some AA, Adaptive Sampling and MonteCarlo Radiosity in LW - and results are better - not quite there yet.

What I'm wondering is if people have tried this route?
Like lower VUE render settings, and let the other app do most of the work.
Or how to find a better quality.

I think this looks like a promising approach, when we can brute force our way out of VUE10 standalone. Just hoping someone can shine some light on how to get the best out of VUE and maybe let LW do the heavy lifting on the Radiosity, AA/TXT clean up. LW10.1 and LW11 have much improved.

Thanks. Ignore the Post Member name - using the studio account to post.
MC
This post: March 23, 2012

by

Jeremy M Lang

Previous

Return to Vue - Animation

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).