Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D Forum Index > Vue - Animation View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rendering Animations with Procedural Terrains

Author

PostRendering Animations with Procedural Terrains 
    Posted: 06/21/2011 5:57 am

Hi

I want to render an Animation with a Procedural Terrain.
My Camera is moving over that, and everything fine, BUT:
There are JUMPS in the Resolution of the Terrain. When the Camera comes closer to Terrain, the internal Math. generates a new Surface and as a visible Result there are (I call it) Resolution-Jumps in my animation-File.
Does anyone know how to handle that without that behavior?

Thanks a lot & kind Regards

Rainer Schub...

Howdy Ranier.

Really good question. Don't know if I've ever had that occur. As I'm thinking about it, I'm not really sure I've ever attempted to render out an animation using a pure procedural terrain. Will take a look at it this weekend. Good luck. Will keep an eye on this thread.

Hank

Henry Poppe ...

PostHi 
    Posted: 07/01/2011 9:31 am

I am on Vue 7.5, with procedural terrains the camera distance tells Vue how much resolution (detail) to calculate. Less at a greater distance, more close up. maybe your version of Vue (#) is at fault... not sure.

Paul Fitzgib...

UsergroupsUsergroups       Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).