Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - SkinVue and Vue Infinite 2015

SkinVue and Vue Infinite 2015

Share your tips and secrets on getting the best out of that popular combination of Poser / Daz Studio and VUE.

Re: SkinVue and Vue Infinite 2015

Sorry for the late answer.
The fix is for the Elite version.
If you already have it, you don't need to redownload it. I posted a link above with the python script that contains the fix.

Best regards.
This post: October 13, 2015

by

Nicolas Sourd

It seems to still be the same problem for me even having re-downloaded and installed skinvue elite. As soon as any dialogue box comes up you can't get it to go away.

I tried just using the SVlib.py as well, still the same. I have it installed in 'Program Files > e-on software > Vue Infinite 2015 > Python > SkinVue'

Also, any word on if it will be able to include Genesis3 in a new version? :D
This post: October 26, 2015

by

ACT

I am also still experiencing the problem. It says it has injected the materials for the selected figure, and then the dialog freezes. Vue crashed when I tried to terminate Skinvue using task manager. I had redownloaded and installed. This problem is not fixed yet.
This post: November 10, 2015

by

Nanette Tredoux

I have been having good luck using Daz Studio to export characters in Collada format. There is a Vue setting in the dialog box this opens in Daz Studio. Then I run SkinVue against the imported figure and it actually works. :D

Boojum the brown bunny
This post: November 18, 2015

by

Jeffrey Mancebo

Jeffrey Mancebo wrote:I have been having good luck using Daz Studio to export characters in Collada format. There is a Vue setting in the dialog box this opens in Daz Studio. Then I run SkinVue against the imported figure and it actually works. :D

Boojum the brown bunny
I am still getting the same even trying importing with collada format. It all looks like it is going to work but then the 'Finished Swapping Materials' dialogue comes up and clicking 'OK' won't clear it.

There is a Vue setting in the dialog box this opens in Daz Studio.
Can you be more specific? It may be something I am missing. Thanks :D
This post: November 20, 2015

by

ACT

I have tried this as well same as before after injecting materials can close the dialogue box and vue will crash
This post: December 26, 2015

by

david southall

I hate to complain, but I have never experienced anything like this. It seems that whoever creates SkinVue isn't overly worried about his customers as he never responds here.

I only want to know if a proper fix for Vue Infinite 2015 is going to happen and also if a new version is being worked on to support Genesis 3 figures?
This post: January 19, 2016

by

ACT

I cant find the vue settings in the export collada export box in DAZ studio either using DAZ studio 4.8.0.59 and in any case the collada file still crashes when I run skin vue on it in .Shame after this time there is no idea if this will get fixed properley the so called fixes mentioned in this post earlier simply do not work. :(
This post: January 19, 2016

by

david southall

For a collada export from Daz to be used in Vue you must set to generic collada.
This post: January 20, 2016

by

Arthur Doyle

Why can't I purchase this in the store? Vue _____ 2015 not supported? Must own / register Vue 2014? I've got the 2014 Infinite PLE (which doesn't seem to count)...

Product page:
Applicable Product versions:
VUE 2014 (All Versions)
VUE 11 (All Versions)
VUE 10 (All Versions)
VUE 9 (All Versions)

Requirements:
- Any Vue 9 (and above) Product (Pioneer, Esprit, Studio, Complete, Infinite, xStream)
- Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Yet this thread is titled Vue Infinite 2015... What am I missing?

All daz figures imported as collada have the reflection set to 100%, and I don't know if there's any SSS being setup or applied... Unless imported as OBJ then textures at least show without needing reflection turned down.

Any updates / progress?

Anyone have any decent workarounds? Havn't been doing anything much with Vue and daz content, and this is almost a year later. Awesome program and awesome posable 3d content out there - Poser and Daz, there should be some better cross-platform /cross-program integration.

thx.
This post: May 11, 2016

by

Terry Lesko

SkinVue is still not available for VUE 2015 or 2016.

Any update?
This post: February 03, 2017

by

Stefan Nitschke

Hi guys,
I have just done a series of tests in VUE Infinite 2105 using both .dae and .obj files exported from Daz.
After a few attempts I got SkinVue Elite to work without the fix posted here.
The important thing to get right seems to be the way the materials/figure is exported from Daz.
I used these settings first for .obj which seems to fix the .dae export also.

Hope this helps?

PS I will ensure the store will allow purchases for 2015 also.
Daz_settings.png
Daz_settings.png (46.89 KiB) Viewed 336 times
This post: February 06, 2017

by

Barry Marshall_1
Site Admin

I will see how well it works as soon as it will be available for Vue2015 and i actually can buy it ;-)
This post: February 06, 2017

by

Stefan Nitschke

Stefan Nitschke wrote:I will see how well it works as soon as it will be available for Vue2015 and i actually can buy it ;-)
Has it actually been finished so we can upgrade?
This post: June 26, 2017

by

ACT

For me it works just fine in VUE2015 Infinite on Mac with Poser imported figures.
This post: June 27, 2017

by

Stefan Nitschke

Previous

Return to VUE - Poser / DAZ Studio

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).