Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Question about the 3D CG Environment Competition

Question about the 3D CG Environment Competition

For general discussions about the Vue product line. Any topic that does not fit in one of the following forums should be posted here.

Question about the 3D CG Environment Competition

I was reading the rules about the 3D CG Environment Competition and wanted to know if we are allowed to use objects imported from Poser or Daz Studio?
I understand the competition is mainly a Environmental contest but just wondered if I am allowed to add subject matter from Poser. Any Feedback is most welcome 8)
This post: August 06, 2017

by

Mark Holloway

Re: Question about the 3D CG Environment Competition

From the rules: The use of imported objects is allowed. However, keep in mind that the judges will focus primarily on the quality of the environment integration.

I take that as to allowing Poser and DAZ figures.

by

Peggy Walters

Thanks Peggy,
I understand. I Just thought of adding a few animals like birds or little creatures.
Thank you for your feedback :D

by

Mark Holloway

Good luck! I haven't even started on my entry. Still in thinking mode. :oops:

by

Peggy Walters

Peggy Walters (2179) wrote:Good luck! I haven't even started on my entry. Still in thinking mode. :oops:

Well, I started something and then changed my mind. I seem to be in thinking mode too.
Did a bit of work on a scene today and then thought to myself I'm not really happy with this idea so back to the drawing board. Well, We still have a bit of time to work this out.
This will be my first E-On contest entry. This is fun for me. Good Luck Peggy :wink:

by

Mark Holloway

Hello. I have another question about the competition. Are we allowed to use the multi-pass option from Vue to compose the image in Photoshop. No extra media involved. I am concerned about the rule that "Heavy photo manipulation or digital compositions won't be accepted." Thanks for your reply.
This post: September 12, 2017

by

Silvie Strub

Hi, in short the answer is yes, multipass is allowed however it is advisable to keep the raw render just in case.....by which I mean if there were a "tie break" situation we may ask to see the raw render so that we can more accurately assess the amount of postwork done.
Realistically postwork in the competition should ideally be confined to tweaking levels, curves saturation etc, as the rules say:
"This typically includes minor color adjustments, adding your copyright, company or personal logo and adding frames or filmstrips. You may use the VUE Camera post processing filters at will. Heavy photo manipulation or digital compositions won't be accepted."
This post: September 13, 2017

by

Barry Marshall

Thanks Barry. That is perfect. Just wanted to make sure.
This post: September 13, 2017

by

Silvie Strub

Return to Vue - General

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).