Welcome to Cornucopia3D

Cornucopia3D: The World of Plenty!

On Cornucopia3D, you will find all sorts of resources to improve your 3D experience: forums, galleries, portfolios, tutorials, ... as well as a store where you can find top-quality content at the best possible price!

Member Login

Forgotten your password?

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

Cornucopia3D • View topic - Sketchup to Vue Exporter Updated - Version 2.0

Sketchup to Vue Exporter Updated - Version 2.0

This forum is for discussing Vue in architectural visualization, to ask questions, share solutions, and demonstrate best practices for the use of Vue with professional architectural projects.

Sketchup to Vue Exporter Updated - Version 2.0

Hi Everyone,

There is a new update for the Sketchup to Vue Exporter Plugin (Version 2.0). The key new features include:

1. Animation export from Sketchup into Vue (requires Vue 9 or greater)
2. Sketchup material editor to adjust bump, specular or even add Vue Material proxies (e.g. replace a Sketchup material with a Vue Material).
3. Automatic conversion of Sketchup water materials into animated Vue water (requires Vue 9 or greater)
4. Script for setting object pivot points

Exisiting users can download the update for free from your user account
This post: June 21, 2011

by

Dave Burdick

The download from my account is still Ver 1.1. What am I doing wrong? :?
This post: June 21, 2011

by

Hung Nguyen

I think there was a problem in the store. Christie is fixing this now
This post: June 24, 2011

by

Dave Burdick

Got Ver 2.0. Problem is fixed

This post: June 26, 2011

by

Hung Nguyen

SketchUp to Vue

SketchUp to Vue doesn't show up in my downloads. I purchased it as part of the Vue 8 Architectural bundle. Any way I can get it?

The animation was my first request...

I just did a job last month animating a SketchUp model and had to manually place cameras and adjust the sun (after first one). Had to re-render a couple portions because of mistakes on my end. 11 days rendering and I had to rerender 4 days worth of frames.
This post: July 18, 2011

by

Shawn Evjen

Lines from sketchup

Hi everyone

Does the Sketchup to vue converter properly import simple lines into vue? The only way i found to do this is via 3DS-format (Lines are converted to rectangles). When I export to collada, *.obj or from sketchup and import these files into vue, all lines are gone.

Kind regards,
Genki
This post: August 05, 2011

by

Andreas Genkinger

Re: Lines from sketchup

Andreas Genkinger wrote:Does the Sketchup to vue converter properly import simple lines into vue?
Even if it did bring lines into Vue, I doubt they would be of any use as lines have zero thickness and would disappear when rendered.

One way of transporting such features would be to extrude (or whatever SketchUp calls it) a very small circle along the line to create an object that has some polygons.

by

noelr

Thanks noelr! That's exactly what i hoped the exporter does. In fact, this is what happens when exporting 3ds from sketchup, lines are replaced by rectangles. I'm not sure whoe the converter handles such objects.

by

Andreas Genkinger

Sketchup to Vue exporter crashes

Hi everyone

I just installed the Sketchup to Vue exporter (V2). As a test, i wanted to export "Stephanie's Home" from the 3D warehouse. But no matter which way i try (via Python script or by loading the object) vue immediately crashes. Any ideas (Vue 8.40 Build 52241 on Windows 7 64bit).

Kind regards,
Genki
This post: August 07, 2011

by

Andreas Genkinger

Re: Sketchup to Vue Exporter Updated - Version 2.0

LOST MY ACCOUNT MY OLD, I'M NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION VUE EXPORTER SKETCHUP helpme, I'AM HAVE VERSI1.1
This post: November 01, 2016

by

Arif Saefullah

Return to Vue - Architecture

Recommended screen resolution: 1024 x 768 (best view: Firefox 3, Safari 4, Chrome 9, Internet Explorer 8, Opera 10 or higher).